Susan E Snyder, DDS
Dentistry and health/wellness is my passion! It has been the perfect balance of teaching and learning, science and art, entrepreneurship and social work!
I love putting all these things together for the benefit of everyone who comes our way. As a team, our focus is on how dentistry affects people's complete health --which is why we recently updated our name to reflect this. We truly believe in Total Wellness Dentistry!
Commitment to Continual Learning
I earned my Bachelor of Arts in 1984 at Purdue University. I had decided on dentistry as my profession when I was in high school and I graduated from Indiana University School of Dentistry, where I earned my Doctorate of Dental Surgery. Additionally, in my dedication to professional excellence through the pursuit of continuing education, I have earned Mastership in the Academy of General Dentisty (MAGD) -- among fewer than 1% of all dentists -- and in 2019 was awarded the Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition Award for my commitment to lifelong learning, volunteering my services to those in need, mentoring associates & new dentists and participating in organized dentistry.
It is a BLAST for me to continually learn and GROW! I work everyday with my carefully cultivated group of experts --MY TEAM -- who are also passionate about learning. The human body is always changing -- it’s fascinating! I love to learn about health and the whole body: how we can make ourselves healthier. Sometimes it takes a lot of work and change to make ourselves healthier, but that hard work is always worth it!
Rooted in the Community
Total Wellness Dentistry is a hometown practice. Our roots are in the community. As an office, we give to Food Finders, our local food bank, every month... we give to Purdue and Indiana Universities; we donate dental work through Dental Lifeline Network, Riggs Community Health Center Dental Clinic and IN Health Centers and for a variety of chuches and other non-profit groups.
I try to live my life by the golden rule. I volunteer every week at the Indiana Veterans’ Home. I have also traveled to Romania, Haiti, and China several times as a volunteer dentist, providing dental care to those in need.
Outside the office, I could be at the gym or walking outside, gardening, reading, quilting, or traveling with my husband Jim. We have chickens who make green, blue, and brown eggs. The chickens are more Jim’s, but I like to think I have a way with them! I also enjoy creating art through painting, sculpting, and pottery.
A perfect evening would be out on the boat with Jim.
- American Dental Association
- Indiana Dental Association
- West Central Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Seattle Study Club/Greater Lafayette Study Club
- Innovation Spear Study Club
- Lifeline Dental Network (previously IDDS), board of directors
- International Affiliation of Tongue Tie Professionals
- American Academy for Oral Systemic Health
- American Association of Facial Esthetics
- International Association of Orofacial Myology
- 1988 Maynard K. Hine Award – Professional attitude, ethics, and standard of care
- 1997 Fellow – Academy of General Dentistry
- 2003 YWCA Salute to Women Award
- 2008 IN Donated Dental Services Outstanding Service Award
- 2008 Leadership Lafayette Distinguished Leadership Award
- 2009 Crisis Center Vision of Peace Award
- 2011 Fellow – American College of Dentists
- 2016 Master – Academy of General Dentistry
- 2018 IDA Honor Dentist/ West Central Dental Society
- 2019 First ever Academy of General Dentistry
- 2019 IN Donated Dental Services Outstanding Service Award
- 2019 LLSR – Academy of General Dentistry